• DAZN launches at an event in Milan unveiling the talent team for Serie A: Superstar punditry signings Andriy Shevchenko and Luis Figo alongside brand ambassador Paolo Maldini
• DAZN nets all the matches of La Liga and Ligue 1 exclusively, in addition to more than one hundred Serie A Matches and all the Serie B fixtures.
• NHL, MLB, Heineken Champions Cup, Guinness PRO14, UFC, Matchroom and Showtime boxing, Bellator MMA, PDC darts and WRC find new home on DAZN Italy.
• FA Cup, EFL Cup, Copa Libertadoes, Copa Sudamericana and African Cup of Nations all added to exclusive rights stable.
Milan, 2 August 2018 – DAZN, the first global pure-sport live and on-demand streaming service, launched today in Italy at a star-studded event held in Milan. DAZN unveiled superstar signings Andriy Shevchenko and Luis Figo as pundits for the main Serie A matches, alongside brand ambassador Paolo Maldini.
DAZN also confirmed a rich roster of exclusive premium sports events that will be screened on its new and revolutionary service, signalling the dawn of a new era for Italian sport and fans. The main sport rights are: LaLiga, Ligue 1 and Ligue 2, Copa Libertadores, Copa Sudamericana, Africa Cup of Nations, FA Cup, EFL Cup, NHL, MLB, Heineken Champions Cup, Guinness Pro14, UFC, Matchroom Boxing, Showtime Boxing, Bellator MMA, PDC Darts and the World Rally Championship (WRC). These rights add to the Italian football ones already secured by DAZN: 114 Serie A matches per season exclusively and all the 462 Serie B fixtures over the next three years.
James Rushton, CEO, DAZN, said: “Today marks the start of a brand-new era for sport broadcasting in Italy and another step on our journey to become the world’s leading global sports broadcaster. After months in the making, we’re proud to unveil a hugely compelling line-up of contents, all in one place, for one affordable monthly fee and no long-term contract. Guided by our fan-first philosophy, we already have a stellar track record in our existing markets by creating a better and fairer way to watch top sport that is tailor-made for modern viewing habits.”
The unrivalled, multi-sport offering from DAZN, brings more than 1,500 hours of live, premium content to DAZN in Italy every year and firmly establishes the service as a must-have for fans, giving them a better and fairer way to watch on smart TV and other connected devices. The service includes branded programming blocks from Fox Sports for NHL and UFC.
The first big football event streamed live on DAZN will be on Saturday August 4th at 14:00, when PSG and Monaco will play in Shenzhen for the Trophée des Champions, the French Supercup, which could be the first match of Gianluigi Buffon with the Parisien team.
The first Serie A fixture on DAZN will be the big match between Lazio and Napoli, scheduled on August 18th at 20.30. DAZN, amongst others, will also stream Napoli v Milan scheduled for the second matchday and Parma v Juventus on the third one.
During the event, it has also been presented DAZN team for Serie A, that includes:
• Diletta Leotta, Presenter
• Paolo Maldini, Brand Ambassador
• Andriy Shevchenko, Pundit
• Luis Figo, Pundit
• Francesco Guidolin, Pundit
• Roberto Cravero, Pundit
• Pierluigi Pardo, Commentator
• Massimo Callegari, Commentator
• Stefano Borghi, Commentator
• Ricky Buscaglia, Commentator
• Edoardo Testoni, Commentator
• Riccardo Mancini, Commentator
• Giulia Mizzoni, Presenter
Marco Foroni, Head of Sports, DAZN Italy, added: “DAZN will deliver a standout line-up of talent to narrate in the best possible way the Serie A and all the sports. We will provide to fans analysis, in-depth focuses, passion and stats with a fresh and innovative style. We’re delighted with the names that will be with us from August in this adventure. And we will announce soon other contributors that will complete our line-up.”
The commitment to affordability and accessibility is central to DAZN’s mission. For just €9.99 per month, fans can enjoy everything on the platform. Every fan also gets a month’s free trial and can cancel the subscription at any time.
DAZN’s debut in Italy represents a game-changer for all the sports fans, that will have a new, smart, accessible and multiplatform way to see their favourite teams and players in action. All the contents will be available both live and on demand, across a wide range of devices, including Smart TVs, PCs, smartphones, tablets and game consoles.
To make DAZN as widely accessible as possible, the streaming service recently struck agreements with Sky and Mediaset Premium to become available to their customers.
Fans can register on www.dazn.it to start their free month trial and enjoy the whole DAZN multi-sport offer.
DAZN’s multi-sport offering in detail:
• Serie A, 114 live and exclusive matches, three seasons
• Serie B, 462 matches including 428, three seasons
• LaLiga, all 380 matches, three seasons
• Ligue 1, all 380 matches per season, three seasons
• Ligue 2, all matches, three seasons
• Coupe de Ligue, three seasons
• Trophée des Champions: three seasons
• OPEL friendly tournament, 5 August 2018
• Copa Libertadores
• Copa Sudamericana
• Recopa Sudamericana
• Africa Cup of Nations
• FA Cup
• EFL Cup
• MLB (Major League Baseball) including World Series
• NHL (National Hockey League) including 2019 Stanley Cup
• Heineken Champions Cup (Rugby Union)
• Guinness Pro14 (Rugby Union)
• Scotland Rugby Internationals
• Ireland Rugby Internationals
• Wales Autumn Internationals
• Matchroom Boxing
• UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship)
• Showtime Boxing
• Bellator MMA
• WRC (World Rally Championship)
• PDC Darts